Tuesday, April 3, 2007

April 3 Giants Opening Day

Things aren't going so well for the men in orange and black on opening day, and I think it has everything to do with that silly park they play in. Nothing good happens there, and no one seems to care, except for me. Wow, this time of year always brings up memories of Candlestick Park and how great it was to visit and watch games in. Sigh...It's 7-0 padres in the 7th inning. Or 8th--I've lost track. Zito just didn't have it today, which really sucks.

I've agreed to meet up with with Alex tonight, so we're going to Vino Locale, the new wine bar on Kipling that Jenna recommends. I kinda wish we were going somewhere one of us has been to before, but oh well, his choice. Not sure why that matters to me. Guess is has to do with being off-balance about this and wishing I had some footing to rely on. He checked out the winery list on their Web site, and was well enough pleased to give it the go-ahead. At least I'm not dragging him somewhere he doesn't want to be. At least, I hope I'm not.

Alex called me this morning on my mobile, and we talked for 10 minutes about our plans and my review and his counter-offer for the house he and his brother are selling. I'm trying to think of this as a friend date, since what guy disappears for TWO MONTHS without making solid plans to meet up after two seemingly great dates if he's actually interested in dating the woman? I know he's been busy, but i still think he'd have made the time all along if wanted to see me. I can't believe anyone who isn't running a small nation could be that busy for that long. Hell, even doctors who work 18-hour shifts take Wednesdays off to play golf. I think.

Whatever, I'm not hostile and bitter, just puzzled. I'm not sure why he wants to do this tonight, but it was all his idea--I stopped asking weeks ago. I hope it's not that he feels bad about disappearing, and he's just doing this to appease me. I don't want to be appeased--I'd rather understand what's going on with him, and know if I shouldn't have expectations beyond friendship. I'm perfectly OK with being friends, really. It's been long enough since the second date that I can't imagine he's into me that way anymore. But why would he want to do this at all if he just wanted to be friends? I can't say i understand him, so i should just stop trying until i can get better info. I've been driving myself nuts over this for so long. Gotta stop!!

So



No comments: