Thursday, December 21, 2006

Wait, Christmas is only 4 days away?

When I was a kid, Christmas could never come soon enough. I was already compiling my Santa list by Halloween, and of course I used the big Toys-R-Us catalog as my main point of reference for that heady list.

Now, it seems like Christmas pretty much comes right after Father's Day. Much of what's happened since June (or March for that matter) is a blur to me, and now I'm supposed to create this festive Christmas food for my family of parents, siblings, nieces and nephews, great-niece and great-nephew and my mom's inevitable band of hangers-on. I can't find my old menus on my Dell laptop, and I have no idea what I'm doing.

So that's my ounce of Christmas cheer for now. I would really just like to get ahold of a great bottle of rose Champagne and be done with it all, but that's not likely.

No comments: