Monday, January 29, 2007

OK, back to the drawing board

I'm starting to think that the Alex thing just isn't going to happen--he didn't write me back about when he's available after his e-mail on Friday thanking me and looking forward to more. I just don't know what's going on with him, so I should probably bow out quietly and not expect him to pursue this.

Our server went down again, so I took off to get some food and noticed I didn't see his car in the lot. I wondered, of course, where he could be, since he didn't say anything about not planning to be at work today during our date on Thurs. When I got back, still no car, but as I walked back to the building, I noticed it around the corner, just out of the corner of my eye. Ugh, i feel like an idiot, but what else is new? I think it's significant that I haven't heard from him since Fri, and now he's parking around the corner.

Even though I am feeling pretty unhappy and hopeless right now, I have this strange sense of hope. Not sure where this is coming from, especially since I really have nothing to base it on. I have this odd idea that things will somehow turn out, that I'm not wrong about Alex's interest, and that I'll look back on all of this and laugh someday. I hope it's soon, because these 2 weeks have been a terrible up and down ride for my stomach.

No comments: