Thursday, January 25, 2007

Ooof, wish I'd done it anyway

Well, it seemed like the right choice at the time--turn Alex down for dinner last night in favor of meeting up with Jason for our weekly planned drink. This way I wouldn't look uninteresting by having no plans to break on short notice, and I could take a step back from all the turmoil I've been in over Alex's relative lack of contact since our dinner last week.

But now, I pretty much wish I'd gone with him anyway. Like Jason would have minded me bailing out on him--it wouldn't have been the first time and certainly wouldn't have been the last! And I would have gotten to talk to him and look at him again, for hours! Geez, what a stoodge I am. What is this, The Rules? Next time, I'll jump at the chance to spend time with him, even if I have to let someone else down. Tired of letting myself down, you know?

No comments: