Monday, February 26, 2007

February 26

We went to the de Young yesterday, which at first was really cool, but then it started to drag on and on. The lighting was fairly dim, presumably to prevent further damage to the recovered antiquities and works of art, but that made it even harder to stay alert. Jon was enthralled, but he confessed that his old back injury started to bother him with all the standing around.

We left and had a really nice meal at Park Chow on 9th. Wow, great crab croquettes, blue cheese salad and steak frites! And a good glass of Malbec to slurp it all down. Ahhhhh....

Seems like the start of every week brings some anticipation of some Alex time, but each week brings nothing but disappointment and resignment that it's just not going to happen this time around. I'm not sure what to think or do. I mean, he's called me each time I've expressed any doubt of his interest via e-mail, but then nothing happens beyond him calling. He made no mention of getting together at all during our phone call last Thursday, and I guess I should just take that at face value. Still, he's really taken up a lot of space in my head, and I'm not sure what to do about it. I'd like to think it means I'm not supposed to give up on him, but I'm starting to think I've been kidding myself again.

Ah well. I'm not opposed to taking the wait and see approach to this, and I have been a lot calmer about the whole thing these last several days. But whether that's the Celexa talking, or I'm just dealing with it better, I can't distinguish at this point. Maybe they're one in the same, but I'm definitely grateful for the attitude change.

February's been a real dog for me, hasn't it?

No comments: