Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Truth be told, I always did like rollercoasters

So, looks like Alex and I are "on again", with plans for dinner "next week". I think that will give me enough time to decompress from the shock of getting that voicemail from him on my mobile phone last night. It truly was the last thing I expected. I mean, he's had my phone numbers forever, and he finally decides to call me on the very day that I was ready to give up on him? I think he could tell I was pretty much at the end of my rope from not hearing from him and being put off.

Not that he hasn't put me off again, since he's asked me out for next week, not this week. What gets me most is that even though I was in tears over the idea of not seeing him again, and my brain was telling me to suck it up and give it up, I really didn't believe we were done. I'm not going to say we're "meant to be" or anything like that, but something was keeping me from throwing in the towel, even though I thought it would be the best thing, for my own sanity. So there it is. He's planning date #3, and believe me, he's going to pay for it.


And I missed the Queen Mary II, or whatever, in SF on Monday. I was so wrapped up in my blue moods that I entirely forgot that I could just walk a couple of blocks and see an amazing ship, which is one of my favorite things to see. Whatever happens in my life going forward, I have got to stop letting these outside influences mess me up so much.

No comments: